More than 20 senior business women, including Royal Mail CEO Moya Greene, will take to the stage at Retail Week Live on International Women’s Day, celebrating the women in retail who have successfully ‘smashed’ through the glass ceiling.
Moya Greene, CEO, Royal Mail, will present the opening keynote on International Women’s Day, asking the audience whether ‘500 years of heritage is a benefit or burden?’, discussing how most retail leaders are under intense pressure to modernise everything from working culture to product and service offerings in order to survive and grow in a digital age.
Rachael Ljungqvist, Retail Week Live programme director, said: “There are many amazing women who have smashed the glass ceiling in retail, but no one in this sector – or any other – is under any illusion that there isn’t still a very long way to go.
“We’re proud to be able shine the spotlight on the issue of gender equality for women in the workplace and, specifically, in the boardroom at Retail Week Live on International Women’s Day and to provide a platform for further discussion and debate.
She added: “We’re also honoured to host Moya as our opening keynote – as one of just seven female FTSE CEOs – to learn of her current strategies for Royal Mail, the initiatives under way, and the changes she is planning to ensure the organisation’s continued success in the future.”
- Emma Watkinson, Founder, SilkFred
- Natalie Cahill, CEO – Fareport
- Anna Hill, CMO – The Walt Disney Company
- Simone Sweeney, Global VP of Retail Development – The LEGO Group
- Angela Spindler, CEO – N Brown Group
- Imogen Wethered, CEO – Qudini
- Pippa Wicks, Deputy Chief Executive – The Co-Operative Group
- Kathryn Parson, Co-Founder and CEO – The Decoded Group
- Abbie Oguntade, VP, Northern Europe – Match.com
- Liz Martins, UK Economist – HSBC